The City of Fort Pierce’s priority is public safety. This is also true for the Public Works Department when preparing for and cleaning up after storms. Public Works takes weather events seriously and has already begun cleanup efforts following Hurricane Nicole. The City of Fort Pierce Public Work Department asks residents for their cooperation in our response to horticulture collection throughout the city now that the hurricane has passed.
Solid Waste Pickup:
Commercial Garbage Pickup– On normal schedule.
Residential Garbage and Recycling Pickup – On normal schedule.
Residential Bulk Junk(household) Pickup – On hold until a horticulture debris sweep of the city is completed. Please refrain from placing bulk household items at the curb until collection has resumed.
Residential Horticulture Collection - Starting Monday, November 14, 2022, horticulture debris piles will be collected by zone throughout the city. This will allow Solid Waste to do a full sweep of the city from Hurricane Nicole. All available grapple trucks will work in one zone until completed before moving on to the next. Once all storm-related debris has been removed, regularly scheduled pickup will resume.
For Your Safety and the Safety of Others:
- Do not place storm debris in roadways or block sidewalks.
- Do not mix bulk and horticulture debris piles. Horticulture debris piles must be free of items such as metal, food waste, garbage, soil, sod, and stones. This is extremely important.
- Please do not place debris within five (5) feet of a fence, vehicle, mailbox, power line, poles, downed electrical wiring, storm drains, etc.
- Please do not place horticulture debris in a vacant lot or at a neighbor's home.
- City workers will not go onto private property to remove trees, limbs/branches, or other storm debris. Property owners should contact a private tree removal company for help if they cannot remove trees and associated debris.
Please be Patient:
City of Fort Pierce residents are asked to be patient with the cleanup schedule. Collecting all the storm debris will take several weeks to complete. Debris pickup is a team effort, and your cooperation is appreciated to ensure the cleanup is as fast and efficient as possible.
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 772.467.3794 or visit www.cityoffortpierce.com