COVID-19 RECOVERY GRANT PROGRAM
On Tuesday, April 28, the Fort Pierce City Commission approved the COVID-19 Recovery Assistance Plan which includes a series of grants supporting residents, businesses, and community-based efforts. The grants are aimed to provide immediate funds to residents and businesses directly impacted by COVID-19. The City’s goal is to help offset the loss of income or revenue during this pandemic.
For residents, the City of Fort Pierce is offering Mortgage and Lease Assistance Grants of 2 months’ rent not to exceed $3,000. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID-19 and meet income guidelines.
For businesses, the City is offering two Small Business Relief Grants. Businesses with 25 employees or less who experienced a loss of revenue due to COVID-19 may apply for a one-time grant of $3,000. Businesses with 26 to 100 employees may be eligible for $7,500.
Pre-screening and applications will be available beginning on Monday, May 4. For a complete list of eligibility requirements and permitted uses, visit: http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/858/6715/COVID-19-Disaster-Recovery-Grant-Program If you do not have access to the internet, please call (772) 467-3161 for further assistance.
All special events are canceled including shows at the Sunrise Theatre and private events at city facilities through May 31, 2020.
CITY FACILITY PUBLIC ACCESS
• City Hall – Closed to the public with appointment only access for Building Department.
• Sunrise Theatre – Closed to the public, including the box office.
• Police Department Main Station and Substation – Closed to the public.
• City Marina – Open to the public and practicing social distancing.
• Indian Hills Golf Course – Open to the public and practicing social distancing.
• Beaches – Open for physical recreation including walking, jogging, fishing, surfing, swimming, snorkeling, collecting seashells, kayaking, paddle boarding or other activity provided that social distancing requirements are maintained.
• Parks - Open, including South Causeway and Jaycee Park.
• Boat Ramps – Open.
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
The City Commission will hold its regularly scheduled meeting Monday, May 4 at 6:30 PM. The public may attend the meeting in person or submit comments in writing, including your name and address, to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Monday. All meetings are broadcast live on TV Channel 27 and streamed online at: www.cityoffortpierce.com.
St. Lucie County Public Information:
Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center:
St. Lucie Public Schools
211 Community Helpline
211 is a community helpline and crisis hotline that provides suicide prevention, crisis intervention, information, assessment, and referral to community services for people of all ages.
State of Florida Emergency Coordinating Officers
Florida Community Health Centers / Fort Pierce
Cleveland Clinic Martin Health
Citizens may subscribe to receive email and text messaged updates through the “COVID-19 Information” alert center on the city’s website. Visit https://www.cityoffortpierce.com/856/COVID-19-Information for updated information and community resources regarding COVID-19.