July 31, 2019
• Day 1 Community meeting: July 31st 6:00-8:30pm. Light refreshments provided.
Session 1: 6:00-8:30pm
- Introduce the role local food can play in strengthening the community’s downtown and surrounding areas, and its economic outlook and overall health.
- Reveal the community values, vision and goals. Set the stage for the following day’s work to prioritize and develop an action plan.
• Day 2 Action Planning Work Sessions: August 1st, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Lunch provided.
Session 2: 9:00am – Noon
- Explore strategies for accomplishing the goals and vision that were previously identified.
- Present case study examples, an exercise to help the community identify what actions would be best to help achieve the goals and complete an exercise that will allow the community to identify where it would like to apply specific strategies.
Session 3: 1:00-5:00pm
- Identify specific actions for achieving each goal, timelines, milestones, financial and human resources, and responsible parties.
100 N. US Highway 1
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Local Food, Local Places Community Workshop
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
You are invited by the City of Fort Pierce to a workshop focusing on the access to healthy food, wellness, fitness, jobs, training opportunities and improvement of the Lincoln Park Community. Join us to share your thoughts, ideas so we can create an action plan for economic opportunity, community revitalization, and access to healthy local food.