Indian River State College
Located in Fort Pierce, Indian River State College has earned a statewide and national reputation for excellence. Dedicated to the success of each student, IRSC offers over 100 programs leading to Bachelor’s Degrees, Associate Degrees, Technical Certificates and Applied Technology Diplomas. Continuing a 57-year tradition of responsiveness to community needs, IRSC is committed to advancing the educational, cultural, career training, workforce, and economic development of its surrounding area.
In 2019, the Aspen Institute, an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C., awarded its highest honor, the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, to Indian River State College. The award is the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance among America’s community colleges. IRSC was selected from more than 1,000 state and community colleges following a rigorous review of data, strategies and outcomes related to student learning, degree and certificate completion, high rates of graduate employment, earnings for graduates, and exceptional access and success for minority and low-income students.
According to the Aspen Institute, Indian River State College stands out as one of the nation’s top community colleges for many reasons, including:
- IRSC has a 56 percent transfer rate, compared to the national average of 32 percent;
- IRSC has a 52 percent Bachelor’s attainment rate for students who go on to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree, compared to the national average transfer rate of 42 percent; and
- IRSC alumni earn $41,492 on average five years after graduation, compared to the $38,714 average salary of all regional workers.
Additional factors underscore IRSC’s commitment to student success:
- During the 2017-2018 academic year, IRSC’s graduating class—3,951 students—was the largest in the College’s 58-year history;
- 94% of IRSC graduates find employment or continue their education, typically earning more than twice the average entry wage in the four-county area; and
- IRSC is designated as the 3rd Most Affordable College in the U.S. by the Department of Education, with no tuition increase in six years.
St. Lucie Public Schools
- B Rated School District with No Failing Schools
- Ranked 22nd Among Florida’s Districts (Top Third) Based on School Grade
- Number of A Schools Increased From 5 To 8
- Number of A and B Schools Increased By 40% Over the Last 2 Years
- 90.1% Overall Graduation Rate, and Ranked 5th in Florida