COVID-19 Information Center
- COVID-19 Recovery Grants
- Video PSAs
- News Flash
- Governor's Executive Orders
- FDOH Dashboard
- Food Assistance
- Business Assistance
- Helpful Contacts
- City Closures
- Stay Connected
City of Fort Pierce Offers Free COVID-19 Testing with No Appointment Necessary
In an effort to expand testing and increase availability for the community, the City of Fort Pierce is offering free COVID-19 testing without the need for an appointment. Dynix Diagnostix will provide PCR swab testing to the general public on Thursday, May 14 and Friday, May 15 from 9AM-5PM. Antibody testing to the general public on Friday, May 15 from 12PM-4PM only. First-come, first-served basis until all of the tests have been given.
The testing site is located at Ilous Ellis Park, 1211 Avenue M, Fort Pierce, FL 34950. When arriving for testing, patients should travel U.S. Highway 1 to access Avenue O. Drive approximately .3 miles west and the site will be on the left. If the individual is getting an antibody test, which involves drawing blood, they will be instructed to enter lane “A.” and for individuals undergoing the nasal swab, the will enter lane “S.” Patients getting nasal swabs must remain in their vehicles. Patients getting the antibody must get out of their vehicle to have their blood drawn by a phlebotomist.
The City of Fort Pierce is proud to be able to provide this service in partnership with Dynix Diagnostix, Allegany Franciscan Ministries, the Florida Department of Health, Indian River State College and other community partners through CARES Act Funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For additional information about testing, please call 888-519-9192.
The COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program has been extraordinarily successful in that as of close of business Wednesday, May 6, 2020 over 1,400 businesses and residents were pre-screened for program participation. Due to this strong level of participation, the pre-screening process ended Friday, May 8, 2020 at 12 Noon. City of Fort Pierce staff will then be contacting applicants and potential applicants to assist with collecting the required documentation.
City of Fort Pierce Launches COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Grant Program to Assist Residents and Businesses
About the program:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 the Fort Pierce City Commission approved the COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Grant Program aimed to provide immediate funds to residents and businesses directly impacted by COVID-19. The City’s goal is to help offset the loss of income and/or revenue during this global pandemic.
- COVID-19 Mortgage and Rental Assistance Program
- The COVID-19 Mortgage and Rental Assistance Program is created to assist eligible City of Fort Pierce households with temporary mortgage and rental assistance in order to avoid displacement due to loss of income as a direct result of COVID-19. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment equal to a maximum of 2 months’ rent, not to exceed $3,000.00. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Applicants must meet SHIP income guidelines, for more information visit the Florida Housing website: https://bit.ly/3bOOHEL
- Small Business CDBG Emergency Relief Grants (under 25 employees)
- The Small Business CDBG Emergency Relief Program is created to assist small businesses (under 25 employees) with short term working capital assistance to enable the viability of the business and the retention of jobs during the closure or severe interruption of business related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting social distancing. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment, not to exceed $3,000.00. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID- 19 and have applied for federal assistance.
- Small Business COVID 19 Relief Grant (26-100 employees)
- The Small Business COVID 19 Relief Grant Program is created to assist eligible City of Fort Pierce small business (26-100 employees) with short term working capital assistance to enable the viability of the business and the retention of jobs during the closure or severe interruption of business related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting social distancing. The assistance is limited to a one-time payment, not to exceed $7,500.00. Applicants must be able to evidence loss of income due to COVID-19 and have not received federal assistance.
Prescreening and applications will be available on Monday, May 4, 2020 and continue until funds are exhausted. Each completed application will be reviewed and evaluated based on the eligibility requirements. Funds will be dispersed on a first-come, first-qualified basis.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants must review the program description, requirements for eligibility, eligible uses of funds and reporting requirements, and all other information on the COVID-19 Disaster Recovery Grant Program webpage (http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/858/6715/COVID-19-Disaster-Recovery-Grant-Program).
For more information and full eligibility details, visit http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/858/6715/COVID-19-Disaster-Recovery-Grant-Program If you do not have access to the internet, please call (772) 467-3161 for further assistance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
In an effort to expand testing and increase availability for the community, the City of Fort Pierce is offering free COVID-19 testing without the need for an appointment.lkjtgr0 Read on...
For a list of all COVID-19 Executive Orders issued by Governor Ron DeSantis, visit: https://www.flgov.com/covid-19/
- treasurecoastrestaurants.com: Treasure Coast, Indian River Magazine Inc. created a website listing restaurants open for carryout and/or delivery in St. Lucie, Indian River and Martin counties.
- www.ourstlucie.com/restaurants: Tambone Companies launched a website with a list of restaurants open for business provided by the St. Lucie County Tourism Office.
Free Meals/Food Assistance
Treasure Coast Food Bank
Are you in need of Emergency Food Assistance? If so, please complete the short questionnaire at this link: https://stophunger.org/cvprep/covid19-emergency-food-assistance-registration/
St. Lucie Public Schools
St. Lucie Public Schools Child Nutrition Services Department will continue to serve free meals to children in St. Lucie County from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The multi-day meal packages include breakfast and lunch. On Mondays and Wednesdays, the meal packages contain 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches. On Fridays, the meal package contains 1 breakfast and 1 lunch.
Locations: C.A. Moore, Forest Grove Middle School, Ft. Pierce Westwood Academy, Francis K. Sweet Elementary, Lakewood Park Elementary, St. Lucie Elementary, Weatherbee Elementary, Morningside Elementary, Northport K8, Bayshore Elementary, Manatee K8, Oak Hammock K8, West Gate K8, Windmill Point Elementary.
Mustard Seed Ministries
Boys and Girls Club
St. Lucie County NAACP
The Saint Lucie County NAACP received a generous grant of $10,000.00 from John and Susan Parry through the Parry Foundation. The Saint Lucie County NAACP is utilizing a 100% of these funds to purchase food and partnering with Sweeties Diner to provide free meals to our community during this very difficult time. The meals will be available for pickup curbside, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 11:00am to 3:00pm. Sweeties Diner is located at 2625 South US-1, Fort Pierce, Florida 34982, Telephone 772-828-3720.
Council on Aging of St. Lucie, Inc.
Council on Aging is offering the senior community and those with disabilities "Emergency Meals" without ever having to leave your home, Monday through Friday. The FREE Emergency Meals are for Seniors age 60+ and for individuals 18-59 with a disability. For more info, please call (772) 446-4516.
Small Business Administration
St. Lucie Economic Development Council COVID-19 Resources
Small Business Development Ceneter
St. Lucie County Public Information
- 772-460-HELP (4357)
- Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center
St. Lucie Public Schools
211 Community Helpline
- Simply dial: 211
- 211 is a community helpline and crisis hotline that provides suicide prevention, crisis intervention, information, assessment, and referral to community services for people of all ages.
State of Florida Emergency Coordinating Officers
Public Access to City Facilities:
- City Hall – Closed to the public with appointment only access for Building Department.
- Sunrise Theatre – Closed to the public, including the box office.
- Police Department Main Station and Substation – Closed to the public.
- City Marina – Open to the public and practicing social distancing.
- Indian Hills Golf Course – Open to the public and practicing social distancing.
- Beaches – Closed.
- Parks - Open, with the exception of South Causeway and Jaycee Park.
- Boat Ramps – Open.
Stay Connected with the City of Fort Pierce
We are committed to keeping our residents safe and informed - all public notices will be provided on the city’s website, social media channels and Fort Pierce TV Channel 27. Residents may subscribe to receive updates via email and/or text message through the “COVID-19 Information” alert center on the city’s website: http://www.cityoffortpierce.com/list.aspx?Mode=Subscribe#alertCenter.