Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is slated to open a Mobile Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) on Friday, Oct. 6 through Monday, Oct. 9 at the Havert L. Fenn Center, 2000 Virginia Ave. Disaster Recovery Centers offer in-person support to individuals and businesses recovering from disasters.
They can assist with:
· Registration for federal disaster assistance
· SBA Loan application and processing
· Case updates and status checks
· Processing appeals to eligibility determinations regarding federal assistance
· Connection to other State program information or assistance
The DRC will be open from Friday, Oct. 6 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, Oct. 8 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 9 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Additionally, representatives from the Small Business Administration will also be onsite to assist local businesses impacted by Hurricane Irma.
Individuals can register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or through the FEMA App (available for Android, iOS and Blackberry devices).
Applicants will need the following to apply:
· Social Security Number;
· Daytime telephone number;
· Current mailing address;
· Address and zip code of the damaged property; and
· Private insurance information, if available.
By registering for federal assistance on www.DisasterAssistance.gov, you can:
· Find out if your address is in a disaster area declared for Individual Assistance.
· Check the status of your application and get updates by SMS or email.
· Upload documents to support your application.
Another option for individuals, including those who use 711 relay or VRS, is to call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) while those who use TTY can call 1-800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EDT seven days a week until further notice.
When an applicant registers, they receive a unique registration number. The registration number is important and should be written down and kept handy. Anyone who does not have a registration number is not yet registered.
For more information on resources available to those affected by Hurricane Irma, please visit: www.FloridaDisaster.org/info.